About the Antique Rugs of the Future Project
Sheep Breeds of Azerbaijan
Shearing, Sorting, Washing, Carding, Spinning
"The advantages of handspun yarn to machine spun yarn"
Rediscovery of Ancient Natural Dyes
Our Natural Dyestuffs
Difference between synthetically and naturally dyed rugs
Weaving and Finishing Steps
Galleries of ARFP Caucasian Azerbaijani Rugs
rug, inspired by the design of the historical Pazyryk rug found in
Contact us for more information about this rug
Saca-Scythian warriors used to tie their horse's tail up when preparing for battle
figures inside the deer are depicting the inwards and the vertebra of the
deer, all parts in real positions with nearly clinical precision:
1. The heart, just above the, front legs (a yellow framed red sphere, black contoured).
2. The aorta (a long red protuberance on the heart).
3. The maw, on the right hand side of the sphere (a large yellow area with a widening upwards on the end).
4. The intestine, in the rear end (a yellow square surrounded by a light blue and a yellow bow).
5. Possibly the urethra, on the upper part of the right hind leg (a yellow line with a black point), better to see on some others deer on the border.
6. The vertebra, directly below the brown back contour (an alternating black-white chain).
Scythian Golden Artworks
Golden deer from tomb near Filippovka
A Stag of Scythian Gold from the Hungarian National Museum
Shield emblem, Scythian, end of the 7th century B.C. Northern Caucasus,
Kostromskaia kurgan Gold; 7 1/2 x 12 1/2 in. (31.7 x 19 cm)
The State Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg
Scythian Golden Deer from 5th century BC, the best known relic from the era of the ancient Hungarians, found during in Tápiószentmárton
Spectacular works of Scythian Art were excavated between 1986-1990 from burial mounds at Filippovka, Southern Ural
For more information about the above rug or to place an order please email email@example.com (Baku, Azerbaijan) or firstname.lastname@example.org (San Francisco Bay Area). We will get back to you within 24 hours or less.